A smart phone is an advanced mobile telecommunications device which has changed the way people interact with mobile devices. Apart from the traditional voice calls and text messages, a smart phone can perform a host of other features and then some.
Some of the features present in most modern day smart phones are listed out below:
- High resolution display surfaces which make sure that the content on the screen is crisp and clear.
- The onboard camera in a smart phone is capable of taking high quality still images and video content.
- Support for onboard mobile applications. End users can access these mobile applications such as games, productivity tools etc.
- A decent battery power cell unit. Most smart phones come outfitted with a sturdy lithium ion battery cell which helps power users to get through the entire day, without having to recharge their units.
- Superior processing speed delivered by a powerful chipset and a high RAM configuration. This assists the user to multitask between different activities without having to face screen lags and slow performance issues.
- High memory storage is also a standard feature in most modern smart phones. This is especially helpful for power users who can store the necessary content on the device and carry the same with them.
- Design build elements and quality of the overall architecture. Most modern smart phones are now dust proof and also water proof in nature. They also have additional protection protocols built in to protect the device from accidental drops. A good example would be the usage of Corning Gorilla Glass to safeguard against this event.
- Support for 3rd party accessories. Many smart phones are now compatible with accessories manufactured by 3rd party vendors and this is a real benefit for many customers.
Xiaomi Inc. is a Chinese multinational company specializing in the consumer electronics vertical. The firm is privately held and its headquarters is located in Beijing, China.
Over the years, Xiaomi Inc. has experienced a phenomenal rate of growth and is now a global market leader when it comes to smart phone manufacturing. It is second only to Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics if one were to analyze the global market share for smart phone manufacturers.
Xiaomi Inc. started out in 2010 as a fledgling entity targeting only mainland China as its main customer base. Six years on, the firm is pursuing an aggressive global expansion campaign in the Americas and Europe, after cornering the market in India and South East Asia.
The Redmi 3S forms a part of Xiaomi Inc.’s lineup for budget smart phones in the market place. The Xiaomi Redmi 3S was released in India during June 2016 as part of the models phased global rollout.
One of the determining factors for the success of the Redmi 3S has been the price tag – Rs. 6,999.
By sticking to such a conservative budget, one can still enjoy the following “premium” features:
- A capacitive touch screen interface pegged at 5 inches delivering a crisp but clear resolution of 720×1280 pixels.
- A power horse of a chipset which is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 clocking 1.1GHz coupled with 2GB RAM.
- Sufficient on board memory capacity with a default offering of 16GB (expandable to 128GB via a Micro SD card).
- Above average point and shoot camera with a rear unit setup supporting 13MP and a 5MP front facing sensor for selfie aficionados.
- A stable software platform leveraging Xiaomi Inc.’s customized version of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- Support for long battery life (aimed at power users) delivered through a sturdy 4100mAh non-removable battery.
- Support for modern communication protocols like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G LTE Broadband amongst a host of other “snazzy” features.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime was launched in India during August 2016. It retails for Rs. 8,999 in the Indian market (Rs. 2,000 more than the list price for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S).
This model comes with 3GB of RAM as compared to the Redmi 3S’s 2GB RAM.
The Redmi 3S Prime also comes with a higher base memory of 32GB as compared to the Redmi 3S’s base offering of 16GB.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime also comes equipped with a fast finger print sensor which is missing in the Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
Both models are available on all 3 major Indian e-commerce platforms like Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
Digital Marketing Analysts confirm that the no. of customer search queries bearing the following keywords remain the maximum on all 3 e-commerce platforms while incoming stock is getting sold out within minutes:
- Redmi 3S Flipkart.
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S Flipkart.
- Redmi 3S Prime Flipkart.
- Redmi 3S Prime Amazon.
- Redmi 3S Prime Snapdeal.